Thursday, February 27, 2014

Who Am I?

Coming from a long line of educators, I thrive on sharing knowledge—and (more importantly) my love of learning. Through the art of the written and spoken word, I have found a means to do so; these are skills I delight in toning, tuning, and tinkering. Researching the masters, trying and succeeding (or failing), distributing my discoveries: all is a process that brings me joy and develops me as a writer, speaker, educator, communicator-in-general, songwriter, mother, wife, friend, co-worker, and Christian.



I was first published in my elementary school’s literary magazine for a rather repetitive poem about lightning I wrote in the 4th grade. The writing bug has invaded my immune system ever since. Once through O’More Publishing and now printed with Hilliard Press, my children’s books, textbooks, devotionals, and educational guides reflect my love of research, writing, and ever-learning.

I taught and tutored for nine years on writing, literature, education, research, and speech to ninth grade through college level including positions as graduate assistant in the Harding University Writing Lab, teacher at Searcy High School and with Upward Bound (the latter being a government-funded educational resource for low-income or possible first-generation college students), and Associate Professor at O’More College of Design.


I am a write-at-home mom and small business owner of Hilliard Press. (Please visit our website  and Facebook.) Jay, my husband of ten years, and I have two young sons and one daughter. Together, our family of five enjoys visiting the park, going on a walk, reading a good book, watching cartoons, and traveling around America as we work towards seeing every Major League baseball park (for baseball-enthusiast Jay and ballpark-food-enthusiast Jessa).

You can learn more about me by visiting my personal blog. 




No comments:

Post a Comment